We are a global community of friends who are dedicated to creating change through peaceful action. We organize events throughout the world that bring together in solidarity a moving community to deepen our understanding of spiritual, cultural, and environmental issues. Our aim is to educate, inspire, and empower individuals and communities in building a sustainable future.
This year’s Walkatjurra Walkabout has finished with pictures coming soon. If you would like to read about the walk visit: http://www.walkingfircountry.com
Also Leonard Peltier is still in prison:
What You Can Do
Become a registered volunteer now!
- Call President Obama for Leonard Peltier: 202-456-1111 (White House Comment Line) or 202-456-1414 (White House Switchboard); and send a text to these numbers if your cellphone provider allows for text-to-landline service (a fee may apply) .
- Email President Obama:http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments.
- Post a comment on Obama’s Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/potus/?fref=ts&hc_location=ufi or message him athttps://www.facebook.com/whitehouse(or https://m.me/whitehouse).
- Send a tweet to President Obama: @POTUS or @WhiteHouse and use hastags #FREELEONARDPELTIER #LeonardPeltier and/or #FreePeltier.
- Write a letter: President Barack Obama, The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500.
- You also can send a post card to the President here.
- Watch the calls to action by our friends at the Human Rights Action Center. Then please urge President Obama to grant clemency.
- Also visit the 2016 clemency campaign for Leonard Peltier hosted by Amnesty International – USA and take action.
- The Office of the Pardon Attorney (OPA), DOJ, welcomes communications regarding clemency matters. Express your strong support of Leonard Peltier’s application for clemency in a letter, email and/or phone call to the OPA. Make reference to Leonard Peltier #89637-132 and his application for clemency dated February 17, 2016. Urge the OPA to recommend to President Obama that he grant clemency to Leonard Peltier: Honorable Robert A. Zauzmer, Acting Pardon Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC 20530; Telephone: 202-616-6070; Email: USPardon.Attorney@usdoj.gov.